Valentine’s Day isn’t only for lovers. There are lots of ways that you can show kindness and compassion to friends or strangers- who knows you may be the only kind person they encounter that day.
- Say Hello to a stranger
- Buy Someone’s Coffee
- Leave a post-it note of gratitude on your coworkers’ desks
- Buy sweet treats, like cookies, and leave them in the office kitchen
- Send a bottle of wine to another table anonymously at a restaurant
- Mail a hand written card to a friend far away or a sibling just down the street
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter or soup kitchen
- Pick up the litter in your neighborhood
- Listen intently to people’s stories without trying to fix everything
- When someone wants to repay you for something, ask them to pay it forward instead
So remember, you can show people you care with some of the smallest gestures. Be sure to let everyone around you know how much you care this Valentine’s Day.