We are excited to announce that this is our 50th blog post! We are even more excited to announce that we will celebrate our 100th anniversary in 2017! We are so thankful to each and every one of you for your support and dedication. Each and every day you help us serve refugees, foster and adoptive children, families affected by HIV, and caregivers providing for aging loved ones. In honor of this exciting time, we would like to share 5 easy and fun ways to serve your community through LSS/NCA:
1. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Then tweet and share our blog posts and updates.
2. Donate items that can be used to help furnish the home of a newly arriving refugee family. Blankets, tooth brushes, pots, and pans are just a few of the items we request.
3. Consider donating a gift card from Michael’s, Chipotle, or Target. These companies, among others listed, allow us to purchase supplies and lunches for our Youth Haven campers.
4. Host a bake sale and donate the profits to your favorite LSS/NCA program. Who could resist a cupcake that could bring a foster child a new pair of shoes?
5. If you own a business, consider hiring a refugee. Numerous companies in the DC metro area are already working with our new neighbors to bring stability and promise to our community and these families.
If you would like to become involved with the efforts of LSS/NCA, let us know! We would love to work together because after all, we are stronger together.